Bird's Song After The Storm Bird's Song After The Storm

Nice song. Harmonic progression is a little too easy from time to time, but I like the parts where instruments are responding to each other, like around 0:50. Sounds very natural too. Good job!

nerevars responds:

Thank you!

Out there #remastered Out there #remastered

Love those chords and glitchy sounds at 5:30. Overall nice harmonic track! Well done dude.

Reinvented Dinosaurs Reinvented Dinosaurs

Kicks asses! The melody is very rich! I'm not too fond of the mix, which is very medium saturated, but apart from that, this is very good! Nice work man.

BlastBeats responds:

Glad you mentioned the melody. I've learned some music theory, which has paid off :). I plan to practice more on mixing and mastering if I've got time (I'm quite busy at the moment).

Acceptance & Commitment Acceptance & Commitment

Very rich tune with a dope-ass mix. Great fucking solo around 4:00, made me think of Return to Forever in some ways. Nice work !

Illogical Dreams Illogical Dreams

Don't like the instrumentation so much - it's a little bit inexpressive for something orchestral, but the score is beautiful. You have as always really nice harmonies and melodies. I like the key change at 2:45 which gives a new breath to the song. Good work!

HelpThePoor responds:

Yep, I have basically no experience yet putting together a traditional orchestral score, so I'm still just experimenting and learning slowly at this point. But I'm glad you like my music. I was pretty happy with how this one turned out. I'm still working on making music for my games, but this one was an indulgence on just making something for no particular reason. Thanks. :)

Sunrise at Starlight Lounge (WIP) Sunrise at Starlight Lounge (WIP)

This is nice ! Some of the sax/bass attacks seem a little late (especially at 0:46, or 1:40) and I feel like the 4-notes bowed double bass is a little repetitive in the first part (could use a little more bow effects, scratches, vibrations, IDK). The mix is also a bit too centered, but really not that much.

This said, this is a very nice moody track, so... bravo !

Azhthar responds:

Thanks a lot for feedback! This is definitely helpful. I try to see what I can do about the bassline in the first part. I knew that it might be a bit repitative for such a long a part but actually I intended this to get a bit sinister atmosphere intending something inescapable. I´ll also look into the mix and pan the instruments a bit more, maybe also use some stereo spread or something. I don´t really hear what you mean with the late attack... Maybe you mean the syncopes?

SSB Melee - Menu 1 Remix SSB Melee - Menu 1 Remix

Nice music. Made me think of some hall music of Final Fantasy, probably because of the delay. Could be good for a game like this or a menu.

Where Is the Bull Pen? Where Is the Bull Pen?

Nice ! Next of kin to Temporal Divide (same musical scale, only slower). Could be used along in a game !

HelpThePoor responds:

Thanks, man. I'm actually thinking of using this in a game I have been slowly working on the past couple of months. I need to fix it so it loops more smoothly, though. I appreciate your comments. :)

Temporal Divide Temporal Divide

Now we're talking !

OK one small critic though : the solo between 1:30 and 1:40 is a little too fullish. I mean it feels it could have been more elegant if a fewer notes had been retained.

Apart from that great tune. Time to gear up ;)

HelpThePoor responds:

Thanks, man. I think you are right about the solo. I kind of threw it together pretty quickly, so I'll try to spend more time refining any solos I work on in the future.

I appreciate the feedback and your encouraging words as always. One day I will be able to afford some better gear such as FL Studio (I hope). Until then I'll keep messing around with GarageBand.

Expanding Void Expanding Void

Sweeeet ! Wasn't too fond of the cowbell in the beginning but the whole thing turned out great.

Thanks, GdabZ!

I've been missing your music. You should upload some more. :)